SORBA West Georgia is the West Georgia Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association/Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association(IMBA/SORBA). Our mission is to build, enhance, and preserve natural tread trails for the enjoyment of cyclists, walkers, and runners in Cobb, Douglas, and Paulding, Counties. Please get involved by volunteering at our monthly trail work days, at one of our fundraising events or as a corporate sponsor!
he 2016 Free-Flite Allatoona Creek Trails Challenge is here! The great folks at Free Flite Bicycles want to see more trails for all of us to use at Allatoona Creek, and is challenging us to raise $8,000 by March 1. To get us started, they have donated the first $3,000! All funds collected from this challenge will go towards completing 5 great projects at the park.
- Voodoo Addition– Another ¾ mile of trail will be added to Voodoo and will include many new challenging features.
- New rustic backwoods loop– The far side of the current Voodoo trail will be modified and extended, forming an entirely new rustic back woods experience. Running along the west side of Allatoona creek, the trail will feature several steep hills, rock features and travel through the most remote sections of the park.
- New lake loop– An entirely new loop will be built connecting the new bridge across Allatoona Creek to Lake Allatoona. This will be the first section of the park’s “East Side” trail system.
- Mo Flo Extension– Mo Flow will have berms and jumps added to extend its run.
- Second flow trail– An entirely new flow trail will be added next to Mo Flo for all those that love flow riding and catching some air.
Please donate online today!
Donations are tax deductible and will be managed by the West Georgia Chapter of the Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association (SORBA), a 501c3 organization.
As a Fundraiser, SORBA-West Georgia (SWG) has elected to utilize the team store feature on Primal Custom Pro to place your custom apparel order. The team store allows you to login and place an order for the SWG apparel you would like to receive and pay for your order individually with a personal credit card. To login and place an order, please follow the link below to create an account.
Please note that all custom team store products are PREORDERS. All orders will be put into production once the store closes and will be delivered approximately 10-12 weeks after. You must place your order before the store closes. Your team store will close on: January 14th. If you have any questions please contact Troy Cochran 404-408-0033 or customer service at 800-275-6953.
Thank you for your support!
We are happy to annouce the new SORBA West Georgia (SWG) Board of Directors (BOD) for 2016! There was no competition after the nomination period ended, therefore no election was needed. We greatly appreciate the willingness of the new officers to lead us in the coming year! Join us at the End of Year/ Holiday Party this Sunday, December 6th to learn more about the new officers and future plans for SWG trails! Details on the party to follow soon.
- President, Chris Sieverson
- Vice President- Cobb County, Thom Cerny
- Vice President- Douglas County, Bryan Jackson
- Vice President- Paulding County, Tammy Athey
- Secretary/Membership Director, Chip Deaton
- Clinton Nature Preserve in Douglas got a new kiosk and map as well as running the final time trial of the series.
- Mountain bike patrol met at Mt Tabor for some structure into 2016 and training on the trail.
- Silver comet sidetrail in Paulding received some love at mile 23.4 workparty.
Your chapter was at it again in October, working Mt tabor in Paulding, Clinton nature preserve in Douglas, MTB patrol training at Allatoona and Allatoona trail work in Cobb.
Thank these guys when you are riding or get hurt!